November 28, 2006

Tuesday Night Leftovers
during Friday Night Lights

I am struggling to find time to work on my usual things these days and I'm finding it very frustrating. It's 7 pm and I feel like I've been going non-stop for the past 12 hours. Tim says welcome to parenthood, but honestly it's the in-flux of work, the new business and an overwhelming amount of housework and Christmas decorating that's got me all stressed out. I'm even feeling shakey right now, just trying to get this post in. I want to sit back, have a glass of wine and watch Friday Night Lights, but all the work piling up is too much. Well, that's enough of my pity party, I'll be better after getting this all out.

Okay, for the good stuff. Babygirl was awesome for our whole trip. Even after the 3 1/2 hour drive turned into a 7 hour drive, she was still a trooper. Then, coming home on Sunday, she entertained herself and only got irritated when mommy pushed feeding her entirely too long and then tried to maneuver herself over into the backseat and almost took out both of us!

We had a great time visiting with family in Georgia. Babygirl was a big hit, especially with her 9 and 6 year old cousins, Sean and Jackson respectively. Sean was a great babysitter and got to know all of her cries and sounds by the time we left. He was telling me she needed to burp and/or eat! He even fed her a couple of times. Looks like he's lobbying for a new baby brother or sister. Watch out Ted and Shannon!

Great Grandma and Grandpa also had a good time hanging out with bg. Grandma was a great babysitter and Grandpa liked to hold her a lot. She seemed to like it, too. She seemed very comfortable in her Great Grandma and Grandpa's house. Great Uncle Walt and Aunt MaryAnne also got to meet Bridget and were happy to learn she is definitely a Bulldog fan and NOT a Georgia Tech fan. Unfortunately, it was our last night there and she was a little fussy, but it was only because she was so excited about the Dogs winning the big game that she had stayed up a little too long! I think they liked her anyway.

Thank you so much Ted, Shannon, Sean, Jackson, Morgan, Katie, Cassie and Lobo (sorry if I spelled any of those wrong) for letting us invade your space. It was perfect for us and you made it so warm and inviting. We appreciated it so much and can't wait to come back again soon!

All in all, we had an absolutely fantastic time with our Georgia family and babygirl was extremely excited to make her first trip down! We love you all and had a great time (even helping Becky for hours with her cards - just kidding, Beck, it was a lot of fun!)

We missed all you St. Louis family and friends and hope you all had fantastic Turkey Day's as well!

One last babygirl note, she is soooo.. cute these days. Smiling up a storm at just about everyone and cooing and gaaaing constantly. While Matthew liked the mmmmmmmgaaaaaaa, Bridget seems to prefer the oooooaaaagggggaaaa. Gotta just love em, don't ya? She is also very close to rolling over. She's done it on a smooshy surface, but still struggles a little on the gym mat. I'm guessing she'll get it really soon! She's getting so big, time is just flying by!

I'll post Turkey Day pics later tonight or tomorrow when I am not so stressed. Just typing this all though, I already feel better. I think Aimee said how nice it was just to get down all your thoughts and I really think it is very cathartic. Okay, again, I'm rambling. On to the other tasks of the evening...

Go webmasters!

No comments: