November 15, 2006

To snow or not to snow?

Does it bug the hell (sorry, but I think I can say hell in my blog) out of anyone else the way the weather people sensationalize what is clearly NOT going to be any big deal of a snowfall? I mean, if I hear "be prepared for our first bout with winter weather" or "I'll tell you how much snow you can expect" come out of Cindy Prezler or Mike Bush's mouth one more time, I might lose it... permanently.


I realize I'm in the minority here, but I love and look forward to a good 'ole fashioned snowfall and I absolutely HATE (I think I'm harboring some deep childhood resentment here) when they get my hopes up about snow and then I awake at 3am, 4am, 5am and run to the window hoping to catch a glimpse of white everywhere and I am met with only darkness and drizzle. Grrrrrr....


This year, I am starting the official "see how many times the weather people are wrong about winter weather" count. We'll just see IF they ever get it right all season. Tonight is the first installment. Check back tomorrow to see how close they were. So far, at the 6pm news they were forecasting for 1-2 inches in the St. Louis metro area. I'll be watching the 10pm news here in 10 minutes and I'll jump back on and repost if that forecast has changed.

That is all for tonight. Babygirl and I had a long day of working inside. I must say on days like today it is extremely nice to be able to hole yourself up inside your house and work. No getting bundled up or driving in the rain...well, that is unless you decide you must have a southwestern chicken salad from Jack in the Box and you do have to bundle up your not-even 3 month old and drive 10 miles to the nearest JITB..but again I digress.. she was great today. I got so much done and she is really falling into being a perfect baby. She takes long naps now and doesn't only cry when awake. She still goes through a pretty rough period in the evening, but like I said, I can deal with that easily compared to what we went through early on.

Allright, back to work for me (new business keeps me busy - I'm almost ready to let everyone in on it, just a few more days or weeks).

"Stay tuned we'll have your full updated forecast on some white stuff headed our way, coming up in just a few minutes"... yeah right Cindy.


p.s. - I just thought the dogs in the snow were cute, that's all.

p.p.s. Update 10:22pm - Cindy says
- "if the rain moves out before the cold weather moves in, then we won't see any precipitation in the form of snow"... brilliant Cindy, thanks for that meterological-ese insight for us lay people that just wouldn't understand COMMON SENSE. Anyway, they are still calling for 1-2 inches and don't forget "for the latest on winter weather tune in to today in St. Louis at 5am - Scott will have the latest on our dynamic weather system..."

No comments: