February 13, 2007

After much ado...

is ado even a word? It is FINALLY snowing. I've been waiting all night (yes, peeking out the windows at 3am, 5am, 6am... for even just one ounce of the white stuff and it is finally coming down. The snow started around 8:30 am and even though last night they said it would begin tapering down around 6:30pm, they were obviously completely wrong about that seeing as how there is just one little back edge yet to come through. I predict the snow will completely end by 11:30am with only light flurries. I'm not totally complaining though, cause I love looking out the window at all the white stuff, so I'll take what I can get this morning.

Yes, we got some snow, but NO it was not nearly as big of a "winter storm" deal as they made it. I'll have to wait for final snow tallies before I decide the winner of this winter-off, but I'm leaning toward me being the winner... we'll see....man, I am weather people bitter... but at least the boys like the snow. We had a little fun playing with them this morning in the snow!




On another note, Tim and I - at last - got the most wonderful night's sleep last night. For a while now (three nights to be exact), we've been reliving the good old newborn baby days. At this point, I've decided a sick baby is worse than a one week old baby. She was up constantly for three nights straight, including two major meltdowns in the middle of the night that even Big D was privy to. The poor thing couldn't breathe (babygirl, not big d) and would try relentlessly to suck away on her paci, but to no avail with the stuffed up nose. It really might be one of the most heartbreaking things I've experienced with her to date. Regardless, it seems like she is rebounding with a full night's sleep finally and we are so glad! It was our first real bout with interrupted sleep sickness and it was definitely sad, but just another rite of parenthood passage.

Happy Snowy Tuesday to all....

No comments: