November 4, 2008

U-G-L-Y You ain't got no alibi... *UPDATED*

It's gotten ugly these past couple of days. I recently saw two ads that were so disturbing, I can't even believe that our society would use such ridiculous fear tactics and call them "moral" values - but I don't want to get started.... I was going to post the awful direct mailer I received, but I am so offended by it, I couldn't begin to subject my [4] regular readers to it...SO, I will just say that I am glad that after today at least that ugliness will be over either way.

BUT, I am nervous today, jittery even - and not just because of the free Starbucks I got for voting. I want the candidate I'm supporting to win so badly. I'm sure John McCain supporters feel the same way. It's such a strange thing really, that people can feel so strongly on different candidates, but without getting too mushy political here (is that even possible?) that's what I think is great about this country. We can all voice our opinions (some of us more loudly than others) but in the end, the country as a whole gets to say who will take over and what direction we will go. Personally, I don't want another four years like what we've just been through. I do want change, I do buy into Obama's rhetoric at times, but I truly believe he is the better choice of the two. I don't think he's perfect and I personally wish I was casting my vote for Hillary today, but I still believe he can make a difference and I personally do hope Dixville is a small sampling of how the rest of the day will go, but enough, we've hashed this out plenty over the past two years and there's not much left to do now rather than sip on my FREE coffee and let the country do it's thing.

So, lastly, on this historic election day, I leave you with the 47th picture of me with a Starbucks cup - did I mention it was a FREE one? Here's to being an American and being able to cast your vote for YOUR favorite candidate, regardless of who that might be. Now, get out and VOTE!


ps - Does anyone actually research all those judges? Man alive, did I feel stupid when it came to all those. I hope I'm not in the minority on that.

WOO HOO! I can't believe I just witnessed Barack Obama become president. This is certainly just the beginning of what will be a very difficult and challenging road, but I'm so excited to have witnessed this and to be a part of it - I feel very excited to be an American right now! Cue the "Proud to be an American" music.....

No comments: