June 26, 2008

It was definitely better-ish today

Thanks to all who were worried, but I - well, we (but I'm really mostly worried about me since tpd gets to gallivant with co-workers and real world people and such...but my digression into a bitter world aside) we survived today in tact. He was much better and after many conversations with the nurse we think it was maybe a combo stomach bug/reflux deal and hopefully we will now return to our regularly scheduled fussiness as opposed to the uncontrollable, there's-not-enough-wine-in-the -St.-Louis-area fussiness.

Aunt Kim came to help and dropped off a "miracle blanket" this afternoon and, though I would not yet call this evening a miracle type of night, he is happily sleeping away in his little baby straight jacket as I type. Plus, again, I get to get the heck outta dodge tomorrow for our annual St. Louis/KC ballgame pilgrimage and I couldn't be more excited! Sure I'll miss the kiddos and it is my first time leaving Shane, but I can also sure use the break and it will be fun to tailgate and hang out with friends!

On another note, I laughed outloud at this post as I have so been there. For any new(ish) parent or an experienced pro who could use a good laugh, this is pretty hilarious.

Lastly, I do promise to return to Throwback Thursdays soon, it's just been a little tricky to pull those together. We'll start with a doosy (that should not even be a word) next week!

Happy weekend to you all - I'm out for now.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Ooh--Kate LOVES the Miracle Blanket. It saved us in the early days. She has now figured out how to get out of the baby straitjacket, but it takes work, and at least her escape keeps her quietly occupied for awhile!

Unknown said...

I NEED that "my mom is SO going to blog this" shirt immediately! I hope it comes in size 4T.