June 18, 2007

I don't think you can search iStockPhoto for a landlord hat.
(AKA - Why client services can really SUCK sometimes.)

Some humorous web design client quotes I gathered from personal experience. In the interest of full disclosure, I did steal that hilarious one about the landlord hat. I can totally see a client saying something like that and me just shaking my head like I know exactly what they mean but simultaneously thinking to myself, "what? what the hell is a landlord hat?" P.S. The rest all really did happen to me, even the last one, you just can't make that stuff up.

  • "We love it like this! Oh, we were wondering if we could change the font, the color the images, and can we move a few things around?

  • "Please put a landlord hat on the landlord."

  • "Oh yeah, one more thing, will you also make sure that we appear at the top of Google when someone searches for 'interior design', I want us to be in the top three..."

  • "Can you make it more like a power-point presentation, you know, with the sliding text stuff and all?"

  • "Well, I don't think we really want it to look too much like a Web site. You know what I mean?"

  • "Please send me all the site files, my nephew just started taking a class in HTML and he's going to be maintaining the website from now on..."

  • "The website does not print out in color. Please fix."



Follow up - Apparently you can search iStock for a landlord hat - this is the one single image that you get - personally, I think more Homer Simpson maintenance man, but that's just me...

1 comment:

Aimee said...

This is about how my week of "client service" is going. Different projects, different requests ... same landlord-hat-type of ending.