May 23, 2007

Future Computer Programmer?

Lately, this is the ONLY place babygirl likes to be when we are working - directly under my chair and between the two CPU's. As you can see, she thinks it's VERY funny.
She's starting to learn how to ham it up for the camera, ah.. such a mama's girl...

I had to take drastic measures to keep her from pushing
the pretty blue blinking power button AGAIN!

Sorry for the lack of posting lately, I know you all know why, but I think I am getting ready to get back in the swing of things. It's been a rough couple of weeks and will continue to be hard, but thanks to everyone for all the support, cards and prayers for not only us, but most importantly for Steve, Karla, Kailey, Jake and my entire extended family. They still need the prayers, so keep 'em coming.

We had a great weekend at the Ehlert's wedding and it was incredibly nice to be out with good friends and to, not forget, but to be surrounded by people that care about you is so important when life is harder.

The last week was one of the hardest things I've ever experienced, but as I've said before, I'm trying to use that as a learning experience and to keep doing more positive things. One thing I will take from the funeral service was what Steve said in a letter he wrote to Karla, I'm paraphrasing, but it went something like this, "the laundry may not be done on Sunday nights, the grass may not be cut and the house may be messy, but 20 years from now our kids won't remember those things, but they will remember all the trips to Branson with family, vacations to Florida and camping trips at Lake Carlysle". He's so right and if there's one thing that Steve and Karla did know how to do it was to live life to the fullest and they certainly crammed a lot of quality in what was definitely too short of a time and we could all take a lesson from that.

Thanks again for the love and prayers. I love all of you if I don't say that enough...well, I know I don't, but I do, I even love you non-blog readers.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Great post, EEJ. Love the B pix, too ... that huge smile is definitely what life is all about.