August 24, 2008

Closing ceremonies open BIG WEEK Sunday

Normally by Sunday nights I have one of a few emotions; these emotions can range from exhaustion from a full weekend with two kids and two dogs and lots of events to sadness that the weekend is over to, honestly, sometimes happiness that the weekend is over and I'll get a break from the house and kids by being back at work! But, anyway, my whole point is this: NOT THIS WEEK, PEOPLE!

This Sunday is different. This Sunday I have a different emotion. I am jittery and shaky (and no I haven't been drinking caffeine again) with excitement. This is one of the biggest weeks I can remember in some time and I'm even including the week of May 1st in there, although that was a big one, too.

This week we get to celebrate TWO big birthdays! Not only is my babygirl turning two on Tuesday, we will also be welcoming a new member of the playgroup the very next day. Well, that is unless that babygirl gets her act together and decides to come in to this world tonight. (Which, by the way, baby r/k, could you please do that? I know your mommy would appreciate it and Bridget would really like her newest BFF at her birthday party).

I just can't believe sometimes how fast this time has gone and how in such a short amount of time so much can change (see that - I used the "c" word - yeah me!). I remember back to last New Year's Eve (wiggle your fingers here and make that doodly doo sound Wayne and Garth make when they're having a memory) when just Matthew and Bridget ruled the roost and we had three mommies to be at the party - which by the way doesn't make for the craziest new year's party, but it was fun nonetheless. We sat around talking about how things would change - ah! there it is again - by next year and how different having two kids would be and how much fun Mark and Kim would have on their first go around and on and on... Now we are about to come full circle with the newest babygirl joining the other two new people that we didn't even know that new year's - Shane and Amelia. It just seems so unreal to me at times, almost more so when I see other people like Aimee and Kim go through it then when I go through it myself. Such an amazing thing.

Okay, to stop the sapiness (can you see how thick it is -yuk) I'll just say I CANNOT wait for this week! Bridget actually understands it's her birthday and walks around singing "Happy Birthday Bridget" which actually sounds more like "oppie earthbay ridgey" but we know what she means, and we're cutting her some language slack again being only her SECOND birthday and all! I'm so excited about the presents we bought her and to have a birthday party for her where she'll have more of an idea about what's going on AND on top of all that, then we get to go meet the new babygirl and shower her with birthday presents, too! What a great week! I almost can't stand it.

I can see next New Year's eve now - 5 little munchkins running around (okay, well two running around and three just looking adorable as three little babies can look) and three new-ish mommies with a camera in one hand and a well-deserved cocktail in the other.

So, as I watch the closing ceremonies tonight, I think I will always remember these Olympics and the end of Summer '08 as being the beginning of a new chapter. One part the kick off of a new age for babygirl (terrible twos and all, I have a feeling this is also going to be one of the most hilarious and fun times with her to date) and the other part, the beginning of another brand new life that I just can't wait to have be a part of mine. Ah, isn't is all amazing, and oh so much fun?!

OMG, I just reread this and I better stop now before there's no more sap left to make maple syrup ever again...

4 comments:

Kim said...

This post is great. I was actually sitting here tonight watching the closing ceremonies thinking, "Gosh, the next time we watch the summer Olympics, Amelia will be 4!" That just seems crazy to me.

All of our kids are growing and changing day to day, but with them in our lives, we too, are changing. (hopefully not growing!)It is such an overwhelming and exciting experience.

I hope what I am trying to say makes sense.

mcdelanty said...

A little cheesy for me....but I completely agree about being excited about new miss muldrow, all 5 kids becoming more funny than already are, etc. See you this week!!!!

mcdelanty said...

ps. the count down is awesome....that's why i don't have a blog. my webpage would be a word document in times new roman.

Aimee said...

WOW - Kim, didn't even think about that thing with kids ages and olympics. AH - Matthew and Bridgey will be SIX. They will be IN SCHOOL making fake medals out of paper and sniffing elmer's glue. AHH - cannot even think about it.

Thanks for the sweet post, EEJ. As excited as I am, and my mom is, and Mike... I think you are in that list somewhere and possibly even bumping Mike off of the scale! But seriously, that just got me excited. Truth is, I can't wait to meet her either :)