February 20, 2008

Blame it all on my roots... I showed up in Boots

Okay, so I have a dirty little secret, well it's not really dirty, per say, but it is a secret. I really like Garth Brooks. In fact, so much, I've been OBSESSED with this song since it debuted in November. I even asked for the new CD release with this song on it from about 10 different family members for Christmas, yet not one family member got it for me. I realize that should tell me something internet friends, but I can't help it. I really really like this song. I've even pulled a TPD lately where I just keep watching it on YouTube over and over again since I DON'T HAVE THE CD! I like to sing along loudly and dramatically to the words as if I feel his pain. In fact, I'm pretty sure sometimes Bridget and my clients here at Sydney's Closet feel pain as they listen to me singing along to this song again and again and again..but I digress...

Please don't hate me, friends, now you know - it's worse than you thought, it's not only Jimmy Buffett, it's also Garth Brooks. There I've said it, and now I'm going to return to watching this video on repeat.. uh I mean I' m totally going to play Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the Beatles' White Album while contemplating the meaning of life and the greater sociopolitical impact of this classic and meaningful music on our society.




Sidebar: I smell another weather-off coming. Will post after I see an updated forecast this evening.

Sidebar II: I am also willing to sell TPD and his cough to the highest bidder. In case you were wondering, no, he is still not over this paralyzing flu that hit us both last week. I am still coughing and drippy but fairly functional while he is still mopey and deep coughing, errr, I mean a barrel of laughs and would make a great addition to any family. All reasonable offers will be considered!

No comments: