January 31, 2007

Why does she bug me SO much?

Now, hopefully this won't offend any of my loyal blog readers when I say that for some reason, I simply cannot stand Ann Curry. What is it about her that I would rather pull out my eyelashes one by one than watch her? (again, that's a bit of an Erinism, but not that much of a stretch...)


Let me back up, the day started out like any other Wednesday. Babygirl woke up nice and late today - 8am - life is good! Then, after making our way to the office - a little tough today because the traffic was bad (think homeboy and little dude running around fighting creating mass congestion on stairs and in hallway). Then to top it off, there was even a detour in the hallway (that's for you tpd), but regardless we make it to the office on time thank goodness! The usual breakfast for both - 8 ounces of pure heavenly Similac for Babygirl and 44 ounces of pure heavenly Diet Coke for me. Everything was going great.

We did our "rounds"; this is when we check in on sales, internet traffic from yesterday, check email, etc... the morning "rounds". Everything still going great after rounds - 2 fresh sales, good traffic numbers, even google organic was up... then it happened. You see, the today show is also a staple of our morning as we have it on in the background from the moment we get in. Usually this is an okay thing, but inevitably, at least once a day, I will get annoyed with Ann to the point of wanting to clench my fists , shake my head in dismay, and scream at her through the tv as if I will actually get her to change her behavior.

Today what set me off was when Ann was running around like a nut job hugging and being her usual dorky self to two today show staffers that were retiring. Does she think she is that cool? She is NOT that cool.

Okay, I will not go into all the ways that Ann Curry makes my blood boil. She is seemingly a very nice person and I do not want to attack her personally, I will just say that I do not like her on camera persona.

What do you all think? Do we have Ann Curry fans out there? If so, I'd love to know what is so great about her, she is a TERRIBLE interviewer and I don't think she is even that good at reading the news, so tell me where I am wrong. I know Aunt Meme is on Bridget and my side on this one...

Allirght now that I've gotten this out maybe I can start the healing process. Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?

No lie, as I was wrapping up this post, Ann was wrapping up a segment on good posture for working out and keeping you back straight. So she says to the guy that was doing the segment, verbatim: "Thank you so much for helping us out with our backs, you certainly have one."

Well, thanks for that observation Ann, yes. he does certainly have a back just like all of us have backs.... Perhaps I need to go to therapy and adress my issues with Ann Curry and stupid weather people.

Wait - I think I have a solution - here is the new NBC Today Show dream team:

Is it just me or do I look kinda good with Matt Lauer...?




PALTSKKJ

No comments: