January 27, 2007

How did this happen?

I've definitely become one of those moms.

One of those moms unable to use any objectivity when it comes to the "cuteness" factor of their own offspring. Sure, I think that little Brangelina baby is adorable, but still, sorry, Shiloh, you pail in comparison to MY baby girl. I mean I look at Babygirl and the level of cuteness she exudes makes me want to put her on a couple slices of bread, slather her with some mayonaise and eat her right up. (Okay, so that's a little extreme, but you get the idea - I basically cannot handle the cuteness.)

How? When? I always told myself this wouldn't happen to me and yet, here I sit, admitting fully that it has, in fact, happened. I am a picture pushing, email sending, blog posting one of those moms. Not to mention the way I soak up all the compliments as if they were gospel:

"She's so cute"
"She's adorable"
"Oh my gosh, she is beautiful"

I've said these exact comments to other mom's of new babies time and time again. Sometimes fully believing them and other times, I have to be honest here, not completely 100% behind those statements. I know this will sound terrible, but before I had a baby I was always looking at the actual physical attributes of the baby, right or wrong, I didn't know any better.. I wasn't around babies a lot and I've never been a huge "baby person" so I couldn't understand how every baby was "so beautiful" or "so adorable".

But, now that I am around one day in day out and I get to see the toothless smiles, the oohs and aahs, the most adorable soft sigh I've ever heard in my whole life, and the hundreds of other adorable baby noises and faces, all objectivity has gone out the window.

I don't think you have to be a mom to "get it". I just never did, it took becoming a mom and being around a baby more for me to fully understand. So, now I see how anyone who's had a baby, been around them a lot or just really loves babies in general, can truly 100% say and believe that every baby they meet is the most adorable and beautiful baby.... because, in fact, they are in their own individual way.

And, since I am now in that club, here's your daily Babygirl fix, whether you want it or not.





Seriously, does it get much cuter?



PALTSKKJ

No comments: