August 18, 2008

When you push a tender moment to the max...

As I'm putting Bridget to bed tonight , after we've read books, sang "twinkle song" at least 19 times, and rocked, I take her to the crib and we do last hugs before we say night night. The conversation tonight went something like this, bear with me as I'm paraphrasing with toddlerese:

Bridget: night, night mommy

Me: night, night babygirl, can I have a hug?

Bridget: oooohhhhhh (she always illiterates her hugs)

Me: can I have a kiss?

Bridget: aaahh (big wet snotty kiss)

Me: I love you

Bridget: bluv you, bluv you

Me: Daddy loves you

Bridget: All done mommy, all done (makes a break for the crib)


Okay, kiddo I can take a hint.

1 comment:

mcdelanty said...

you forgot to add the part about Bridget yelling out "I love you Aunt Me-Me. Aunt Me-Me is the boss."