April 30, 2008

When blood drawing goes horribly wrong...

...and you can't even see the number of times she tried in those two veins, two veins in which, upon viewing them before the blood drawing disaster, she said, "awesome, you have great veins". Bless her heart, you gotta love a new blood draw-er. (I'm pretty sure that's their professional title - Blood Draw-ers).

Blood drawing disasters and all - we're all set. I'm technically admitted and ready to go. I will say, Ignorance was definitely bliss for me - this time around there were many more questions, warnings, side effect discussions and recovery options than I would ever care to know about the "major abdominal surgery" (can't we just stick with the little "c-section" term, I like that better, thank you very much.) Unlike last time when it was just - "let's get her to the O.R. now. oxygen? yes. epiderral in? yes. Okay, off we go to have a baby"...

See you from St. John's tomorrow (hopefully they will have internet access... but last time it was really hit and miss - come on St. J's it's not 2006 anymore!)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started on when they drew blood before MY c-section. They managed to spurt blood all over the room. Then they were nice enough to basically blame it on me since I was so fat and puffy that they couldn't find a vein! It's nice that you got that part out of the way today. I know what you mean about ignorance being bliss though! Don't worry, you will be fine!