July 20, 2007

Imagine what I'll put up with 12 years from now...

It all started Thursday of vacation week. We were getting ready to go somewhere and I was hurriedly trying to get babygirl to finish eating. She was being kind of fussy about it and kept putting her hand up as if to say, "hold it woman, I'll let you know when I am ready to continue...". Well, after a few rounds of this, I looked at her and said "look, missy, there is only room for one snickelfritz in this family, and I took that position 30 years ago."

A little background information on being a "snickelfritz" is that my next door neighbor Mr. Will, a second grandpa to me, bestowed that name on me as a young child. I'm pretty sure you can surmise the meaning behind that term on your own, but I always chose it to mean the smartest, most intelligent and beautiful kid in the neighborhood, but that's neither here nor there and I'm betting my parents probably have different definitive words of me as a child...

Anyway, after I said that to her, I furrowed my brow and gave her a little look to let her know that I am the Queen Snickelfritz and I don't plan on relinquishing my crown anytime soon. Well, after looking at me for a second and seemingly understanding exactly what I said to her, she did something similar (I don't have photos of the actual exchange) to this right back:



Hmm... you think you're the only one in this family that can be a snickelfritz?


I don't think so lady, you've got another thing coming.



I most certainly have the ability to be the world's
biggest and BEST snickelfritz ever.



Yeah, I'm talking to YOU, Queen Snickelfritz...


What, little old me? What did I do?
Aren't I just the sweetest cutest thing you've ever seen?


Ahhh, Mr. Will, you would be proud...
(and, okay, okay, so am I... just don't let her know!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

if mr.will was like a 2nd grandfather to you, which of your real grandfathers dropped to 3rd?

Aimee said...

I love Tim's posts as much as Erin's.

Those pictures are just TOO CUTE. I will come drive over there anytime she is making that face. She is cracking me UP!