May 31, 2007

Apparently, I am not smarter than a 5th grader

When my husband is out of town, I finally get to control the remote and engage in all my guilty pleasure tv...you know reality tv, dumb game shows, home improvement, the usual guilty pleasure tv, right? Anyway, tonight I'm watching some game show hosted by the "you know you're a redneck, when" guy where they ask questions to contestants taking on 5th graders and 5th grade knowledge questions.

I was psyched about this, I was ready to go - that was at 7:07, it is now 7:22 and at this point I am ready to get on the phone to numerous 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th grade teachers and inform them that apparently they did not do their job. I mean, really, why didn't they teach me that not every adult rhinocerous has only one horn? It's gotta be common first grade knowledge, right?

In other news, I haven't given a Babygirl update in quite some time, so I thought while I am wallowing in my sub-par education, I would indulge in a little "my babygirl is growing up" nine month old nostalgia. So here are some of the new things babygirl is up to lately:

- Munching on lots of solid foods these days - up to the 3's - who knew babyfood came in numbered stages? She's also eating cheerios and those gerber puff things (which, btw, I've decided are just expensive cereal in a fancy bottle with a fancy name thought up by some baby marketing mastermind to fool all first time scared of choking moms like me into buying them) and trying little bites of our food.

- Moving and grooving! She is constantly on the prowl; able to spot a spec of anything smaller than 1/4", stalk it out and pounce immediately while putting it where else but in her mouth and then looking at me as if to say, "mom, picking up random bits of food and dirt and shoving them in my mouth is the bomb!" The grooving part is the best - when there is a jingle on tv or when dad is singing the "daddy, dad, dad" song, she immediately starts a little baby dance while trying to mock the melody or song. It's hilarious and could not be cuter.

- A little more snuggly. Not to jinx it, but finally, my little babygirl is starting to be a little nuzzler. It only happens for ever so brief fleeting moments, but on occasion, she will actually rest her head down on your shoulder or chest and as soon as it happens the head darts back up and she immediately looks around as if to make sure no one saw that snuggly moment and to ensure we all know that she is most definitely NOT tired, that is NOT the case.

There you go - that brings you a little bit up to date (although most of my loyal blog readers already know all that), but it also marks this time in writing for me, too. I really love it right now and I'm sure 5 years from now it will be hard to remember the difference between 6 months and 9 and a year, etc... She is so interactive and has a huge personality developing (even if it may be a demanding one at times) that I feel really connected to her as a little person even if she's still my little babygirl!

Well, back to my guilty tv and trying to figure out how long it takes the moon to make one full orbit around the moon and how many pecks are in a bushel...thank god for the internet!


PALTSKKJ

No comments: