March 6, 2007

Oh hi - we're vaccuuming, yeah that's fine

I've discovered something about myself that I find either interesting and a sign of high intelligence or disturbing and weird so since I have about 10 minutes for something to finish copying I thought I would share... I just opened up an older client file of mine to check a password and written in close proximity to the client's all important username and password was the following three lines: oh hi, we're vacuuming, yeah that's fine. You see, almost everytime I open up an old client file or thumb through some notes or project lists I've joted down, I will find these little areas on the page where I have written down aspects of a conversation. It then makes me wonder what the context of that conversation was and I'll spend too much trying to remember who I was talking to and about what. Seriously, why did I even need to tell the caller I was vacuuming in the first place?

You can always tell if I've been on the phone and there was paper and pen nearby because you can pretty much surmise what the conversation was and in a lot of cases who I was talking to - actually at times this is a borderline dangerous habit. Just last night I found the following chicken scratch at Tim's desk on the back of an envelope:

"annoying, so annoying...
irritating - why does he think that is funny?"

- now, to give you the full effect, picture the above text bordered with little hand drawn daisies and hearts and sprinkled around were my initials and full signature both Delanty and Jones versions ... am I ten? It took me a while but I remembered the conversation with Molly last week about how Tim annoys us when he says "get off my back jack"... funny now, but that little chicken scratch could have implied something much more sinister and my unconscious writing could definitely get me in trouble some day.

Anyway, without making this too long of a boring post about my idiosyncracies (some of you are already thinking "too late"), I was just wondering if everyone does that or that makes me odd in some way?

I am in the midst of some very exciting stuff right now and I really have so much to blog about that it's pretty ridiculous that I just took up some blogging time writing about my weird habits... but you'll have to stay tuned to find out what I (err...we... I guess Bridget is kind of helping) have got cooking up for Custom Web this week! BTW, that's called "pulling a Preszler" - when you lead someone on just to make them keep tuning back into you. Cindy Preszler that is - for those of you saying what the hell is she talking about now?

Happy Tuesday

PALTSKKJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes it makes you odd.