February 23, 2007

I know how to sit, play fetch and rollover,
what I don't know is how I ended up here...

I'm glued to the today show this morning, more than usual as I'm waiting for *hopefully* a segment on "Oscar Fashions for the Plus Sized Woman" featuring dresses from Sydney's Closet. Well, pedigree must be a sponsor of the show because almost once a morning I see that heartbreaking commercial about the dogs in shelters. Here's an excerpt (I'm pretty sure I know this by heart, but it may be paraphrased just a bit.):

I know how to sit, how to fetch and how to rollover
What I don't know is how I ended up here
But I do know that I'm a good dog
and I just want to go home....


Ahhhh! Somebody pull the dagger out of my heart right now. Everytime I see it the tears well up in my eyes and my heart just aches and I think of my grandiose schemes to open a no kill shelter on 20+ acres of land somewhere out in Wildwood or Wentzville or wherever I can get a whole lotta land for a whole lotta animals. It is definitely my dream and I really believe I can do it one day. Anyway, I'm going to (sometime) set up another shirt shop for animal lovers and donate the profits to all the people doing such great work even here in St. Louis for strays and abandoned dogs. At least then I'll feel like I'm doing something for them. Baby steps, I guess.

Anyway, just a quick rant this morning as I couldn't take seeing that commercial one more time without saying something about it...I'm sure many of you guys have seen it and felt the same way. To learn more about pedigree's adoption drive and you can even buy dogs rule gear from their site. Watch out though even their homepage is heartwrenching! http://www.pedigree.com/


And If you haven't seen the commercial I'm referring to - you can check it out on their website - watch out - It'll get to you! watch the commercial here it's the first one, but archie's is a good one, too.

Keep your fingers crossed for the closet - I'll update with a post if we make it on!

PALTSKKJ

No comments: