November 30, 2006

"Tomorrow morning we'll wake up
with possibly 6 inches
of the white stuff..."

I may just be bitter, well I definitely am bitter, (I've already discussed my pent-up St. Louis childhood weather resentment in previous posts), but I just don't believe it. I think my brother's philosophy is to take whatever the weather people predict and cut it in half from the lowest number. So, for example if they are calling for 1-3 inches of snow. You take the lowest number (that would be one if you're playing along) then you cut that in half and that is about how much snow we'll actually get.

My good old weather friend Scott Connell says 3-6 inches in the metro area, so we're looking at appoximately 1 and 1/2 inches here in the St. Louis area. That is my prediction...we'll see what tonight and tomorrow brings.

I just hate getting my hopes up, because unlike my husband, I LOVE the snow and looking forward to a big snowstorm and making chili, getting a Christmas tree and having a fire in the fireplace...oh wait, I think you need a chimney for that, but I digress. If we got snowed in we could finally clean my wrecked house and start decorating the new living room layout - thanks Tommy and Liggy! Babygirl would get to experience her first big snowfall and of course I would put her out in it and take lotsa pics! Anyway, I'll secretly hope for the best (lots and lots of snow!) but I won't get my hopes up too high...

Well, babygirl is waking up, I'll check back in with another "Major Winter Storm" update later today!

No comments: