September 16, 2007

I love TV, TOO!


A-Le just wrote a great post about TV and how absolutely awesome it is this time of year and I couldn't agree more! For me, this night is the kick off to the fall TV season and something I look forward to as much as all the previews of my fav shows themselves. Yes, tonight, my friends, is the Emmy's - a true couch potato's dream. I get to see all my favorite TV stars dressed to the nines all on tv at once.

I've watched the Emmy's year after year, since I was a kid watching with my mom (usually in her room since dad and Mark had kicked us out of the family room for some baseball game or something), to holding Emmy parties in college, to now making my reluctant husband watch year after year as he constantly bitches about how stupid it is and asks over and over again, "who is that and who cares what they think" (he obviously doesn't get *it*).

Last year at this time, I watched the Emmy's from my cozy room at St. John's just 37 hours after Bridget was born and, actually, had a bigger Emmy party last year than this year, but nonetheless, I can't wait to see who wins, who performs and all the great things about TV I love so much.

No comments: