September 13, 2007

I finally know what DROP SHIP means..
Aka - you might as well just skip this post it's so boring.

I've been working at Sydney's Closet as a consultant for almost two years now - no wait, over two years now and everyone throws around that term so much and with such obviousness that I never wanted to ask exactly what it meant. Plus, when they would use it, the context was always different so I was having a hard time pinpointing exactly what that meant, I had my theories, but I always thought there was more to that term. Keep in mind, though, I didn't care enough to oh, say... google it and find out what it was... so it really didn't bother me that much.

Well, just today, as I was fixing an order for my own site, I called Cafepress and asked if they could "drop ship" the items. Ding! I knew what drop ship meant. It was like it secretly snuck into my brain and burrowed a little home there without my recognition.

Anyway, that's my exciting Thursday update for you all - big day here at CWC - stressing about drop shipping and watching the new women on "the view".

Drop ship: An arrangement whereby a mail-order or Internet merchant accepts orders for products, and then pays a manufacturer or distributor to ship the product to the customer.

Now, if my brain could only learn that "snuck" is not a word, we'd be in good shape.

No comments: