December 2, 2007

In Mourning...

I feel like the weather outside today. Gray, windy, cloudy and getting colder and colder... it was a rough night last night. While it was great to get together with friends and kick back and have a few tasty better than nothing O'Doul's it was painful to watch my Tigers lose and lose big. Even a close, down the wire game, as stressful and intense as they are, would have been better than to just flat out lose. I was sad for the players, for the students, for the Alumni and for any St. Louis sports fan. I was sad for Tim, Dad, Mark and myself as we have all walked that campus as students and can identify with what current students must be feeling today and next week as they go back to class and await the news of what bowl game Mizzou will get and keep thinking of what might have been...

I know, it's just sports, it's just a football game, but it is still painful. No, it is not even on the richter scale of truly important things in life, but it is one of those things that make life... well, life, and for today, just today, I will hang my head a little lower and feel sad for all those young players and their crushed spirits as they are for today... very real and very important.

To a great season and for making our lives a little more exciting the past couple of weeks - Congratulations Tigers!

Fight, Tiger, fight for old Mizzou,
Right behind you, everyone is with you.
Break the line and follow down the field,
And, you'll be, on the top, upon the top.
Fight, Tiger, you will always win,
Proudly keep the colors flying skyward.
In the end, we'll win the victory,
So Tiger, fight for Old Mizzou!


PS - On a much happier, lighter note and for Liggy - I have posted the pics from Thanksgiving.


No comments: