November 20, 2007

Disaster at Lunch
(brought to you with lots of INTERNET YELLING)

I'm on(well, was) on a tight deadline today. Had much to get finished before taking off for the rest of the holiday week. Plus, I have to make sure I'm outta here to pick up a certain family member from the airport by 3:30...doesn't fit very well with the tight deadline (but obviously I got it done early since I'm blogging about it now).

ANYWAY, I had to make a quick lunch decision. I was starving, my creativity was flailing, something had to be done... IMMEDIATELY.

Now, internet, I usually would just run down (okay, okay I'd drive) to the Subway less than a mile from the SC offices, however, that would involve 2 stoplights AND getting out of the car - obviously taking up too much of my precious time. In fact, it would take up so much more time (probably a whole 7 minutes more) that I rationalized that the Hardees/Red Burrito (the one that is only 2 doors down WITH a drive thru) was the only option. I mean, really, how bad could one, yes ONE bean and cheese burrito be? I mean at Taco Bell it's only 7 WW points, so I'm willing to blow up to 10 or even 12, after all this is a food/work deadline emergency.

Well, it's only after enjoying my delicious burrito and completing my deadline that I find time to look up nutritional info online. Imagine my HORROR when I discover that it is not 7, 10, 12, 15, or even 18 points. No, friends, it's 22 points - for ONE, (did I mention that?) ONE burrito = 22 points.

Guess this means I won't be able to eat the rest of the week.. such a pity with Thanksgiving in two days and all...

PS - To clarify, this was not a burrito the size of your head. It was only a little bigger than a 7 point Taco Bell gem.

PPS. - THIS IS NOT FAIR HARDEES.

No comments: